Kenneth P. Haines
Kenny, a Board Certified Family Law Specialist since 2004, and a Board Certified Appellate Specialist since 2017, associated with the firm in 1991 and then, in 1995, became a shareholder.
Born in 1964 in Lake Charles, Louisiana, Kenny graduated from Sam Houston High School in Moss Bluff, Louisiana, in 1982. He then attended Louisiana College in Pineville, Louisiana, where he earned a B.S. in public administration in 1986. In 1989, he graduated from law school at Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge. In 2017, Kenny became board certified in a second Specialty, Appellate Practice.
Kenny is Board Certified in both Family Law and Appellate Practice in the state of Louisiana.
After graduation, he was law clerk to the Honorable Pike Hall, Jr., Chief Judge of the Second Circuit Court of Appeal, as well as when Justice Hall became an Associate Justice at the Louisiana Supreme Court. In 2017, Kenny was accepted and listed in Who’s Who in American Law. Currently, Kenny is a member of the Shreveport, Louisiana in addition to the Harry V. Booth Inn of Court.
Areas Of Practice
- Appellate Practice
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- General Litigation
- Louisiana, 1989
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 1991
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 1991
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1991
- United States Supreme Court
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Honors: Law Clerk, Honorable Pike Hall, Jr., 1991
- Honors: Law Clerk, Honorable Pike Hall, Jr., Associate Justice, 1991
- Louisiana College, Pineville, Louisiana
- B.S. - 1986
- Major: Public Administration
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Shreveport Bar Association, President (2024)
- Louisiana Bar Association, Member
- Harry V. Booth Inn of Court, Member
- Krewe of Justinian, Captain, 2012-2013
Honors And Awards
- Selected To Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2011, 2013 - 2016, 2018 - 2024