Kenny, a Board Certified Family Law Specialist since 2004, associated with the firm in 1991 and then, in 1995, became a shareholder.
Born in 1964 in Lake Charles, Louisiana, Kenny graduated from Sam Houston High School in Moss Bluff, Louisiana, in 1982. He then attended Louisiana College in Pineville, Louisiana, where he earned a B.S. in public administration in 1986. In 1989, he graduated from law school at Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge. In 2017, Kenny became board certified in a second Specialty, Appellate Practice.
Kenny is one of only seven lawyers in the state of Louisiana to be Board Certified in Appellate Practice and the only lawyer in the state of Louisiana to be certified in both Family Law and Appellate Practice.
After graduation, he was law clerk to the Honorable Pike Hall, Jr., Chief Judge of the Second Circuit Court of Appeal, as well as when Justice Hall became an Associate Justice at the Louisiana Supreme Court. In 2017, Kenny was accepted and listed in Who’s Who in American Law. Currently, Kenny is a member of the Shreveport, Louisiana, and American Bar Associations in addition to the Harry V. Booth Inn of Court.
Areas of Practice
- Appellate Practice
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- General Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Louisiana, 1989
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 1991
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 1991
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1991
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Honors: Law Clerk, Honorable Pike Hall, Jr., 1991
- Honors: Law Clerk, Honorable Pike Hall, Jr., Associate Justice, 1991
- Louisiana College, Pineville, Louisiana
- B.S. - 1986
- Major: Public Administration
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Shreveport Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Harry V. Booth Inn of Court, Member