One Firm For All Your Legal Needs
The law firm of Weems, Schimpf, Haines & Moore (APLC) has a long history of legal services to the people and businesses of Shreveport and neighboring communities in northwestern Louisiana. Whether we are handling the sale of a business or property or representing a client in a divorce or child custody proceedings, we make sure your interests are protected and your goals achieved.
Our Louisiana family law attorneys help clients with all family law matters, including premarital agreements, paternity actions and adoptions. We are certified in family law mediation, an alternative dispute resolution process that can help clients avoid the time and cost of litigation in divorce and child custody cases.
- Divorce: We work to achieve your goals with the least financial and emotional expense to you. However, when an amicable resolution cannot be achieved, our Shreveport divorce attorneys have the experience and the resources to pursue your interest in divorce and property division matters.
- Child custody and support: In child custody and support matters, our firm works to ensure our client’s relationship with their child is protected in child custody agreements, and that any child support agreement is fair for the child and parent.
- Spousal support: Spousal support is not automatically granted with divorce; the need for support must be established before a judge can order it.
Trusts And Estate Planning
A good estate plan will consider both the needs of your family after you are gone and your wishes for medical care and decision-making at the end of life. It will typically involve a will or trust, powers of attorney (to give someone decision-making power) and medical directives. It may involve life insurance policies and annuities. Our estates and probate attorneys can also assist you with:
- Elder law: Our elder law attorneys help clients preserve their assets while planning for quality care in a nursing home or long-term assisted living. We specialize in planning for and obtaining Medicaid benefits and also VA benefits for qualified veterans.
- Succession/probate: Our probate attorneys represent executors and heirs with the process of submitting a will to the probate court, paying legitimate bills and distributing the assets of a deceased person’s estate to heirs and beneficiaries.
Our Shreveport personal injury lawyers work to maximize the financial recovery our clients receive for injuries they have suffered due to another’s negligent or reckless actions. We have achieved significant results in personal injury and wrongful death cases resulting from:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Including car crashes and vehicle rollover accidents, motorcycle collisions, semi truck and other commercial vehicle accidents, pedestrian and bicycle accidents. We also help people injured by uninsured and underinsured motorists.
- Premises liability: Which includes any accidents caused by unsafe property conditions including people hurt in falls or from dog bites.
- Product liability: Such as injuries caused by all types of defective products including defective equipment and machinery.
- Construction accidents: People can be injured on construction sites in a variety of ways, including from falling objects, scaffolding collapses, failure to follow safety guidelines and many other dangerous circumstances.
Our appellate attorneys have successfully argued and briefed cases before Louisiana and federal appeals courts. We have extensive experience in writ applications, applications for rehearing, brief writing and oral arguments at the Louisiana Circuit Courts of Appeal, Louisiana Supreme Court and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.