Ronald R. Weems
- Retired (Of Counsel)
* Please note – Mr. Weems is no longer accepting new referrals. Thank you.
Ron was born in Monroe, Louisiana, on August 14, 1945. He was admitted to practice law in 1974 for the State of Louisiana and the U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana. Ron received his Bachelor of Science in 1968 and his Juris Doctorate in 1973 from Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
He is a member of the Shreveport, Louisiana State and American Bar Associations, including Louisiana Bankers Association (Bank Counsel Section). Ron has served in several volunteer positions with the Shreveport Bar Association, including serving as the Captain of the Krewe of Justinian, the legal Mardi Gras krewe. Ron has been actively engaged in the practice of law since 1974 and is presently of counsel for Weems, Schimpf, Haines & Moore (APLC). Ron is also active in the Shreveport-Bossier community as a board member, and formerly the President of the Board of Directors of the Strand Theatre of Shreveport (a historic performing arts facility) and as a board member of the Boy Scout Council for northwest Louisiana. In the past, Ron has served as a board member of the Southwest Region of the Boy Scouts of America, as President of the Boy Scout Council for northwest Louisiana and as a board member and President of LSU-Shreveport Foundation.
Ron is married to Rose Clark Weems. He has two daughters, Lea, a graduate of Harvard Law School, who practices in Chicago, Ill., and Julia, a graduate of New York University employed as a design school director in Barcelona, Spain.
Areas Of Practice
- Insurance and Finance
- Creditor and Debtor Relations
- Commercial Real Estate
- Corporate and Business Transactions
- Oil and Gas law - Landowners
- Louisiana, 1974
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1974
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Juris Doctorate - 1973
- Louisiana State University
- Bachelor of Science - 1968
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Shreveport Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Bankers Association, Bank Counsel Section, Member
- Krewe of Justinian, the legal Mardi Gras krewe, Captain
- Shreveport- Bossier Community, Committee of 100 Member
- Strand Theatre of Shreveport, President, Board of Directors
- Boy Scout Council for Northwest Louisiana, Board Member, former President
- Southwest Region of the Boy Scouts of America, Former Board Member
- LSU-Shreveport Foundation, Former Board Member and President
Honors And Awards
- AV Preeminent Peer Rating through Martindale Hubbell
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer, Shreveport Bar Association